• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any
    OAKS
    you look well suited
    like you came to win
    It is easy to relax here, Oaks thinks as he listens to their exchange. In a quiet land of oddities, he could do no unwanted harm.

The mild anxiety of it still lingers in the back of his mind like always, that wriggling, insufferable worry that anything could go wrong at a moment’s notice. But the longer it doesn’t, the longer the bodies around him stay healthy (a rather subjective term, when considering Zain’s appearance), the less Oaks worries that they might soon fade.

It is a relief to him. What some might consider a banishment, being relegated to live within the canyons and dry hills of Pangea, Oaks sees as a privilege.

Hence his almost-hesitant proposition that this might become his home as well. It’s only natural that he worries what Margot would think if she knew of the deadly curse he bears. He hadn’t even been terribly keen on sharing the secret with Zain and Beyza earlier, but his amazement at their persevering health in his presence had dampened his usual self-preservation.

Luckily, there is no cause to bring up the matter just now.

At least, not until Margot observes that he is ‘remarkably normal for a Pangean citizen.’ Oaks falters just slightly at those words, dropping his head a little as he looks away from the porcelain mare. “Normal is all I’d like to be,” he replies sheepishly with another small shuffle of his wings.

Looking back across the calming landscape around them, dusty and empty as it may be, he takes another breath in an attempt to return that feeling of ease from before. “It is all I would dare to ask,” Oaks answers Margot’s next question, “and all I desire – a home.” He does not say aloud how desperately he wants to live with others, to shed his reclusive lifestyle, for that may raise too many concerns and would be touching on something of a lie.

While he does want to live with others, he also fears it – fears what might become of them, like has happened to so many before.

“If anything is required of me to call Pangea my home as you and Zain already do, I will try my best to meet such conditions.” It’s all else he can think to say to try and prove his interest in belonging here.

@ Zain @ margot

Messages In This Thread
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by Zain - 02-06-2024, 09:54 AM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by margot - 02-08-2024, 08:09 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by Oaks - 02-10-2024, 09:46 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by Zain - 02-15-2024, 06:28 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by margot - 02-28-2024, 03:13 AM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by Oaks - 03-19-2024, 06:05 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by Zain - 03-19-2024, 07:27 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by margot - 04-02-2024, 03:11 PM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by Oaks - 04-15-2024, 11:39 AM
    RE: ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS || Any - by Zain - 04-15-2024, 06:03 PM