• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are crawling from their graves; anyone
    A cheeky half-grin flashes across her face. Ah, she is caught. “Usually only on children and the impressionable. Should have seen my tattoos….” A part of her really misses the marks, the way they intertwined in that intricate design down her nose and across her chest. A fake set of armor, before she got her natural armor formation. But the horns were a nice touch, weren’t they? All sharp and pointy and useful for stabbing enemies, she imagines, though she hasn’t used them in a battle yet. Lagertha wonders if she will ever get to use them – ruling and everything that comes with an active kingdom often leaves little room for playtime at the mock grounds. And which one of her Sisters would be willing to fight the Khaleesi?

“Yes, for being a General. Though we need a new one now… it is hard to find time to be both a great General and Queen.” And now the cat is out of the bag, for better or for worse! Lagertha figures she could be a good General, or a great Queen, but to be both would be stretching herself, even with immortality… unless Prague feels like giving her the ability to replicate herself. Which just seems like a bad idea all around. The Jungle – and the Sisterhood - deserved better than a half-hearted attempt at ruling.  She shrugs and looks to his brilliantly colored wings, and wonders something along the same vein. “And are your wings a gift for the Air Force, or were  you born with them?” She shudders a little big in a fake ‘blegh’ moment, continuing. “I had them for awhile…. Flying is interesting, but they were too much for the Jungle. Hot and always getting trapped in the greenery.”

Even now, she sometimes feels that her horns get caught on too many things. And the bugs! Always full of bugs! It took a lot more maintenance than this army girl had the patience for. She shouldn’t complain, though. Horns were better than no horns right now.
    There is a moment of quiet between the two of them, now that things got serious. Is it some sort of prediction or does he know something she doesn’t know? With any change of monarch comes a period of uncertainty – will the alliances stay or go, what will the new attitude be? Her reign will be very different from Scorch’s she thinks, but that’s also partially because Lagertha hadn’t inserted herself into every nook and cranny of Beqanna, and she wasn’t looking to place and keep her family in power. “Change is good…” she begins, before pausing slightly, wondering if this is the correct choice of words. “As long the Jungle ends up on top.”

Blunt and to the point. Almost always. She’s about to say more when his eyes light up and get a little freaky. Now, powers are nothing new to Lagertha, but she likes to know what she’s dealing with. “You’ve got something in your eyes, Demian. But I’ll show you mine if you show me yours…” You see, Lagertha doesn’t have a Valley contact, and she’s decided that this brightly colored stallion and she are going to be decent friends, kind of like her and Crito. She always makes better friends with stallions. Probably because she is basically asexual and doesn’t take any bullshit. Which is also conveniently useful for being Khaleesi.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dead are crawling from their graves; anyone - by Lagertha - 09-24-2015, 02:02 PM