• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is nothing like waking up in Vegas; any

I am iron and I forge myself

One of the last things Lagertha expects to be brought to her attention is the presence of an additional Chamberling stallion deep in the depths of the Jungle. At first, she thinks that Joscelin has done it again, and now holds two of the Chamber’s men as captives, via either successful steal or challenge… but then why would they be coming from the interior of the kingdom, instead of the exterior? That just doesn’t make sense. Lagertha frowns slightly, as she moves to meet the trio. Something is not right.

An acrid, stinging smell lingers above the wet and wild scent of the Jungle, and it takes a moment before Lagertha can identify what it is. Smoke. It is the kind of odor that attaches itself to one’s coat and come sweating out of pores. Her frown intensifies. Because they are in the one place in the kingdom where it was possible to see the sky, she glances upwards and sees nothing to indicate that the Jungle is burning. Her ears swivel back and forth, listening for the screams of the local fauna, and still, there is nothing out of the ordinary. So whatever was burning recently is not here… which makes this even more puzzling. Briefly, she wonders where Sette is, and hopes she hasn’t wandered off somewhere. Whatever is going on… Lagertha doesn’t like it.

When they meet in the middle, the gray Khaleesi looks the two stallions over, but reserves her words for Joscelin. Killdare, she knows. Erebor, she’d try to steal not too long ago from the Chamber. She knows of him, and what he looks like, but has never met  the Lord personally. It would be best to handle this as… diplomatically (re: rationally and cool-headed) as possible. Despite the fact that she wonders if their positions were reversed, if they would do the same. “Joscelin. Care to explain what’s going on?” She tries to ask in a less-than-demanding manner, skipping the obvious questions and going to straight to ‘I know something isn’t right.’ And she would rather have her sister’s version of the events first.

Unless someone’s planted a Chamberling garden somewhere beyond the river, there’s no reason for them to keep popping up. Or they are voluntarily forsaking their Kingdom to be manservants. A spy that has been caught is more likely. Hmmm… She silently asks Prague to join them, just in case. Not for protection. But for truth and honesty.

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

@[andrea] if you have the time Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is nothing like waking up in Vegas; any - by Lagertha - 09-28-2015, 10:09 AM