• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and at once I knew, I was not magnificent || Any

I can see for miles, miles, miles

How familiar this feels. He remembers the guilt he had felt when Adaline had seen the shock of her appearance flicker across his face for the first time and it had sickened him instantly. Now the tables had been turned though and this beautiful creature was the one looking at him with dismay. However she does something he doesn’t expect. Her muzzle is against his jaw and he is flooded with so many emotions. How long has he yearned to be touched or caressed by another? It also brings back the raw memories of torture even though her touch is soft and gentle. He shudders against her and finds that his skin, everywhere, is quivering. With a piercing whinny, new pain explodes along every inch of his body as it tears apart and rebuilds itself into something new. Muscle and sinew fold and collapse then spring into new growth as he begins to expand and shift.

He can’t comprehend what is happening to him, the pain is too much. He whinnies again but this time a loud roar erupts from deep within his chest. His hooves have turned to claws, his body large and coated with white fur. He has become the thing that haunts his nightmare, the polar bear that took his eye. The power is so new and it overwhelms him, he is unable to control the rage that boils though his heated blood. His front paw swipes out, lashing out, in his frustration and pain. He doesn’t realize that it makes contact with her.

What is happening to me? Fear takes hold of him and he roars and shakes his massive head, stumbling slightly at the effort. Unable to walk with these new paws and he stumbles and falls heavily into the snow. The impact is enough to make him shift back to his normal self and he finds himself sprawled in the snow. For a moment he lays there, the coldness easing the pain of his neck and face wounds. It’s the cry of pain that makes him roll to his knees and when he looks at her, he is filled with shame and horror. ”I’m so sorry.” He exclaims, trying to get up and failing miserably. ”I don’t know what happened.” Even more confused than before, the pain worse than before. He retches slightly, bile filling his throat. What had he become? What had Carnage turned him into? Or maybe he was going mad once and for all.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and at once I knew, I was not magnificent || Any - by Ledger - 09-29-2015, 11:35 PM