• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see a bad moon rising; anyone, diplomats

We are at war. There will be scars.

The boy is almost amused to find himself (arguably) the better diplomat of the two of them. He's so young, and yet he knows he's always been at the head of his class. Admittedly here within the Chamber, that's largely been a class of one, but still. "A pleasure, Texas."

It is not long before his mother arrives, and the boy is not surprised. He does not shift closer toward her, does not feel the need to lean on her like perhaps so many other colts would. He simply notes her presence with his sharp eyes, and then turns those eyes back to Texas.

He listens to the older stallion's words with rapt attention. He considers it a personal failing that he knows so little of the other kingdoms, and he's made it a personal goal to get out and see more of each of them. He knows the basics by now – for example, he actually knows what Texas is talking about when he mentions healing water – but he isn't overly sure on the rest of the details.

He isn't happy to learn that a new queen has been crowned without the Chamber knowing of it. They should always know such things. But he keeps the displeasure off his face as the stallion talks, making mental notes from virtually everything he says. Erebor wonders what has happened to make the Falls dry up, whether they faced the same kind of natural disaster that ha d wiped out his mother's beloved pine forests.

"I hope you'll extend our congratulations to Shatter Me." his smile is still in place, and his tones are businesslike, yet pleasant. "The Chamber is healing, just like your Falls." he half-glances at Straia as he speaks, not because he doubts his abilities but because he wants to be sure he isn't saying too much. He feels as though he should know more about the history of their relations, but in this area too he is sadly lacking. "We suffered from volcanic activity, but our heart is still beating." he says with a smile. He wonders if the stranger knows the truth of the Chamber's heart, his grandfather's heart, buried deep beneath the ground.

"I am sorry to hear that the drought hit you so hard. I hope you have enough of the water for your needs." he speaks diplomatically, politely. "As for anything else, Straia would need to speak to that." And then he turns to his mother, knowing that it's not his place to comment about alliances or other more weighty matters. At least, not yet. He suspects that his queenly mother may not have answers, because he knows how hard it's been to gather the Chamber-folk together, and he knows how fond his mother is of gathering opinions. There are still so few of them, but they're so hard to corral.

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

Sooooo I didn't see this. Sorry!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i see a bad moon rising; anyone, diplomats - by Erebor - 04-13-2015, 10:57 PM