• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll play the game; any

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

There is nervousness in her and confusion—and he recognizes it. Pity does not cross his features, but empathy does, and he takes a subconscious step backward to give her even more space. The last thing that he would want to do is contribute to whatever she was going through. He does not press her to speak any quicker than she is ready and instead just watches her with his quiet gaze, waiting for her to either respond or dismiss him. She seemed like she may want to be alone, and he could hardly fault her for that.

He often wanted to be alone too.

But she doesn’t ask him to leave, and some part of him is relieved. “Hello, Solmira,” he responded before glancing around them, trying to see whatever it was that was making her so nervous. Nothing seemed out of sorts, but he knew better than most that one’s own personal ghosts did not always seem obvious. Things as simple as the smell of saltwater was enough to drag him back to the memory of death.

“I’m glad to know that you’re alright,” he says, although he does not necessarily believe that is true. She was too nervous, too skittish for everything to truly be good—but he wasn’t about to force her to talk about whatever was bothering her before she was ready. “My name is Magnus.” He offers his name and lets silence fall for a few seconds before following it up with, “Are you looking for a home?” Most souls who found their way to the field were, but with her, he couldn’t be sure what she wanted or, perhaps, didn't want.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-04-2015, 12:22 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by magnus - 10-04-2015, 01:48 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-04-2015, 09:48 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by magnus - 10-04-2015, 10:18 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-06-2015, 04:21 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by magnus - 10-10-2015, 01:49 AM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-10-2015, 01:23 PM