• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

only the moon howls; any
    Noctem
    there are nights
    when the wolves are silent
    and only the Moon howls
    Sharp bright, vibrant green swallowed all of my senses as I sorted out how lips and teeth and tongue worked together to feed. So many sensations, the texture and the intricacies of flavor, the scent of the freshly torn blades, and that brilliant green I was quickly coming to love. Ears weren't a major part of the process, aside from the lovely tearing sound as a mouthful came free, the grinding-gnashing sound of chewing, the...the rustle of grass nearby, the rhythmic thudding of...oh! "Hello!" said a voice quite nearby, and my head jerked up of its own accord. A girl. Hello. I looked around, trying to see who she was talking to before I remembered. I was in a body. She could see me.

"Hello." It was the first word I'd spoken to anyone who wasn't family. Or, well, dead. I...I could talk to people. And be heard, and seen, and felt as more than a shiver of cold or hair standing on end. A fluttering sensation in my belly, oh, was that nervous? Shy? "I'm Noctem," I added, feeling the weight of her curious gaze on my skin. Definitely nervous, but flavored heavily with excitement. Oh, to be seen! "It's nice to meet you." My lips stretched into a grin, all on their own, and wasn't that a lovely feeling? Life was all kinds of fluttering so far.

Oh! Thank you eyes, yes. Her leg, I didn't think bones were supposed to show through. Still, she didn't seem in pain, she wasn't writhing or screaming or obviously suffering. Mmmaybe some bodies were just like that! Still, probably better to ask, right? "Are you alright? That looks like it hurts something awful." Or like it should, anyhow.

Messages In This Thread
    only the moon howls; any - by Noctem - 10-06-2015, 01:37 AM
    RE: only the moon howls; any - by graveling - 10-08-2015, 09:44 AM
    RE: only the moon howls; any - by Noctem - 10-09-2015, 10:04 AM
    RE: only the moon howls; any - by graveling - 10-12-2015, 11:31 AM