• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll play the game; any

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

If Magnus could read her thoughts, he would empathize. He knew the soul-breaking confusion that came from not knowing—anything really. When reality and dreams melted together, it became difficult to untangle what was real from what your mind conjured; it was terrifying to face a world that you didn’t trust. Of course, the gold stallion had no way of knowing her fears, and instead just felt the nerves roll off her, his body tense in anticipation of helping her should something go wrong. He wasn’t sure what was causing her to feel so on edge, but it triggered every warrior bone in his body to be prepared for it.

When she answers, he feels something light in his stomach—something relieved at finding a soul who would potentially call Heaven home. He forgot what a rush it was to walk through the field; not only because it helped fill the kingdom with those who might love it, but because it was the chance to help lost souls find a loving, peaceful home. “I might be able to help you with that,” he says in his shadows and ash voice, one corner of his lacerated lips lifting into a lopsided smile. “I live in a wonderful place.”

He pauses for a second as memories of the kingdom wash over him, and his gut wrenches with its current reality. “I live in Heaven’s Gates, one of the kingdoms of this land. It’s quite beautiful,” he tilts his head to consider her. “Recently, we suffered an attack from the Chamber, but we are recovering and rebuilding. We could use all of the good hands we could get.” Another pause, his face growing serious. “But only if you are interested. It’s a stunning home, but I would never wish to force anything on you.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-04-2015, 12:22 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by magnus - 10-04-2015, 01:48 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-04-2015, 09:48 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by magnus - 10-04-2015, 10:18 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-06-2015, 04:21 PM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by magnus - 10-10-2015, 01:49 AM
    RE: I'll play the game; any - by Solmira - 10-10-2015, 01:23 PM