• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll burn this whole city down; lagertha
    She marches into the clearing with a mission on her mind.  

She’s waited too long to talk to her queen about her visits to the Gates and the Chamber.  Lexa’s birth, and the subsequent weeks of watching the filly toddle about on wobbly legs have distracted her from her assignments.

But today, for the first time, Lexa has gone off to explore on her own, and Lyris has free time to speak to Lagertha.  She settles in under the shade of a rubber tree and calls out for the warrior mare.

When Lagertha arrives she gives the grey mare a little grin before launching into it.  There’s no point in wasting time on pleasantries.  That something that she’s sure the both of them can agree on.

“I’m sorry that it’s taken me so long to report back.”  She offers no excuses.  It’s her own fault, plain and simple.  “My trip to the Chamber was interesting, to say the least.  Straia seemed reasonable enough, but one of her soldiers was rather … aggressive.  Seemed to think we have his daughter.  He could be a problem in the future.”  Of course, she won’t mind throwing a little lightning at him if he does.  She’d probably even enjoy it.  “I also made a trip to the Gates, and though they wouldn’t admit it to me, I think something happened there.  I could smell smoke, and the stallion that greeted me appeared uncharacteristically suspicious of me for someone from the Gates.”  It’s not much, and considering how long it’s taken her to pass on the information, Lagertha could already know.  But she’s at least done her duty, albeit over a month after the fact.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Messages In This Thread
    I’ll burn this whole city down; lagertha - by Lyris - 10-16-2015, 11:47 PM