• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still waiting for the world to end; mast, any

FAMILIAR BREATH OF MY OLD LIES
    CHANGED THE COLOR IN MY EYES

She's been gone far longer than expected. Her stay had needed to be prolonged, to rest, to gather her children. She has nothing but kind feelings towards the Deserts, they had been so very gracious at their arrival. Her youngest child's Grand-mama, Yael, had been so very welcoming, she would never forget it. It was something special, the simplest of gifts to relay her sons name to him, to mark him as her family. Wichita had not known much kindness in her life, she would cherish these little things.

She had to return though, the Desert dunes were no place for her, and she greatly missed the Gates. Wichita had not witnessed the devastation the Chamber wrought upon their lands, Tioga had shoved them all to safety before they had a chance. Of what had happened she had only seen and smelled the smoke, had been told that Gryffen and the Chamber was behind it. She was ashamed truly, but what would she have done in defense? Really her daughter had done what was best for them, all of them. The children were safe, that was a blessing, it was more than she could hope for. Surely there was something good they had done in that. Even if most of the little ones were her own.

She leads them this time, Tioga still close to her side, little Rucker clinging as all new foals do. Now she had two deaf children to care for, and she felt so very bad she could not  give them her own hearing. She would gladly part with it for them. The others follow not far behind, it is quite the procession she leads, and it is sad that they must return to something so devastating. She makes for the Mother Tree only to find the ruin that was left in its place, not only that but the worn form of her Queen. A shadowy raven digging into her pelt, causing both fear and anger to clutch at Wichita's heart. "Oh my word, Fiasko, what's happen?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm still waiting for the world to end; mast, any - by Wichita - 10-19-2015, 05:37 PM