• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A refreshing change | open

The sea of talk was soon to fall on deaf ears as he felt his consciousness slipping from his grasp; but now was not the time. Sliding his tongue between his teeth he grazed it sharply, a small rivulet of blood running from the muscle as the metallic taste aroused his senses. The alabaster stallion, Hurricane, was the first to address him, speaking of a home and rewards. Solomyr's lips curled up into a sneer as his ears flicked casually across the tops of his skull; selfishness had always been in his nature and it would take a lot of convincing without there being anything in it for him. When the other stallion spoke he did not find such words as alluring as the others; he cared not for mares and the young. It was a rarity that Solomyr cared for much else than himself; he was yet to be convinced there was anything worth so much of his time.

"Hurricane, I must ask more about these rewards, they do sound quite intriguing and something that would appeal to me." Turning his head to the other stallion, Kronk, he let an exasperated look cross his normally stoney features. "I cannot be convinced by the fear and weakness of others, all should be fit enough to fend for themselves; even a foal should be trained to either fight or run, whichever their talent is." Hips rolled lazily as he changed which leg he rested on, the night was beginning to move along and he wished so much to get his much needed rest. If he were to move somewhere new he would rather be alert than be easy to fool or surprise.

His tail lashed against his side rapidly as he turned to Kronk once more, "I must respectfully decline your offer. Though you seem noble in your stance, I wish you the best." He was not all arsehole, there was still a little good left in him. In a new land he could not afford to make any new enemies just yet, allies were useful; even if only for information. Once more the onyx stallion turned to the winged creature, wondering what else the other creatures were adorned with; as well as if he could ever find a way to be graced with such a gift. Flight would be exhilarating as well as such an advantage, not being able to help it he let his eyes slide over the smooth lines of the feathered appendages; a small jealousy growing within the pit of his mind.

S o l o m y r

release me from this mortal frame

Messages In This Thread
    A refreshing change | open - by Solomyr - 10-15-2015, 11:28 AM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Hurricane - 10-15-2015, 12:54 PM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Kronk - 10-15-2015, 01:41 PM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Solomyr - 10-15-2015, 05:06 PM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Hurricane - 10-15-2015, 11:40 PM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Kronk - 10-17-2015, 11:06 PM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Solomyr - 10-20-2015, 07:47 AM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Hurricane - 10-24-2015, 10:17 PM
    RE: A refreshing change | open - by Solomyr - 10-28-2015, 05:09 AM