• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still waiting for the world to end; mast, any

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

Come hell or high water, they would not leave her. Not now, not ever.

Not after she’d given herself so readily in an effort to stop the Chambers unprovoked onslaught. That wretched kingdom had taken enough from her. Their sufferings paled in comparison to hers. They may have lost a tree, but the look in her eyes said she had lost so much more.

As long as he was breathing, it wouldn’t happen again.

One by one they came to her side, concern etched on each and every face. Even those who didn’t know her before came. Mast found Magnus’ presence a steady anchor to their emotions. Though the buckskin may not have known her as a queen, he clearly had her best interests at heart, and that was what mattered. But they were stuck, forced between a rock and a hard place. He wanted very much to throw caution to the wind and hide her in the forest. But there was the matter of the raven clinging to her withers- the gray king knew it would fly off immediately, thus bringing the Chamber and her minions back to their doorstep. If ever there was a time he needed mind reading, it was surely now. But unfortunately he was just a simple horse, and deer shifting wouldn’t be of much use in this situation. The others were roaring for battle, and though he agreed with them wholeheartedly, they had to play their cards just so. Finally he swallowed hard, his deep brown eyes finding Fiasko’s. He tried to convey a message that way, that what he was going to say next was a lie. “We must respect Fiasko’s decision.” he said, his voice flat with the bitter taste of his lie. “We don’t have to like it, but we must respect it. I repeat; we don‘t have to like it.” he said cryptically. He hoped, it saying that they didn’t have to like it that they would be able to read between the lines. Nor did he outright forbid them to do anything. One by one he met all of their gazes, trying to convey the same thing to them as he’d done to Fiasko. He was hoping his members respected and trusted him enough to know he would never leave one of their own to the Chamber. But still he felt uneasy even saying that she could go, and he hoped that too would help convince the others that though he said she could go, he would not stand for it.

He would not let them be playthings for the school yard bullies anymore.

M A S T

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm still waiting for the world to end; mast, any - by Mast - 10-25-2015, 07:11 PM