• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are aching bones and wasted years; becca, mast, any

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

Slowly but surely they were waking from their slumber. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, or winter turning into spring, it was something done without fanfare. It was a barely there change, but something the gray king took note of. Though winter was creeping in on them, there was a gentle hum of noise that was music to his ears. From the horses to the forest creatures, everyone was stirring quietly. It was only a matter of time before they awoke completely, and this time with the wind at their backs.

Dusk was settling around the kingdom, and still the gray king wandered. First through the forest, before finally stepping into the dying light of their small meadow area. Sleep hadn’t been easy for him the past…the past what seemed like forever. Each time he closed his eyes he could see their kingdom in flames, or the desperation in Fiasko’s eyes as she had given herself up to save them all. Worst of all was the memory of himself having done nothing. And so when sleep failed him, he wandered. It was a decent way to wile away the hours, if nothing else. Tonight though, there was a new face to break the usual monotony of his strolls. Magnus, with a new face following him. With a smile he made his way to the pair, his eyes sparkling in a way they seldom did anymore. “Good evening, Magnus.” the king said pleasantly, dipping his head at the buckskin. “I see you have a friend. Care to share a name? I’m Mast, and the pleasure is all mine.” He was genuinely pleased to offer her a home, and spoke it aloud. “Welcome to Heavens Gates.”

M A S T

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are aching bones and wasted years; becca, mast, any - by Mast - 10-25-2015, 07:49 PM