• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

good morning starshine; Lagertha/Sette/any

I don't know what it is for sure, but I can tell something is not right. The colorful birds who have lately grown used to me act unsettled and take flight as I walk the paths, and the jaguar spirit is nowhere to be seen. Lately she has been giving me glimpses. I find I like the visual reminder of our interconnectedness with the jungle. I feel a peace here, soothing my restless aches. But today, I don't feel calmed. I feel anxious, and I want to know why.

I search the usual places for my mother. The clearing where she and I sleep, the usual meeting place and the borders prove fruitless. I snort, too distracted to return the greetings of the mares I know, and catch a glimpse of a jungle cat twining through the roots as I turn to retrace my steps. Something about the creature's less than natural movements alerts me and I follow it. A real cat would have noticed me in moment, but this one seems oblivious, albeit with the usual light-footedness of its kind.

It stops suddenly. My eyes grow wide as the cat begins to shift and change and turn into a creature who cannot possibly be a horse, but is. And though this stallion's transformation and sex are enough to surprise me, it is the words that fall from his mouth that truly shake me to the core.

“Lagertha, I’m here to borrow your princess.”

My ears ring with the sound of my blood and I freeze. I am ashamed that my first reaction is dread. My ears flatten and I urge my body forward, anger rushing through my veins with every beat of my heart. If he wants me, he will fight.

My mother interrupts my foray into recklessness. Her armored form is one I have rarely seen and my eyes shine with awe and pride. How can anyone think the Amazons weak or lesser because of their sex? I would bet on my mother's ferocity over any equine ever. Not this intruder who comes to steal me away, nor anyone else, can match her for skill.

Realizing I am still standing in the shadows, I stalk forward, my head held high and my dark eyes flashing. While it is infinitely evident that our Khaleesi does not need the back up of her yearling daughter, I pull up by her side, but with a respectful berth given to her armor. I eye the stallion with controlled fury. I am not afraid anymore. Not of him, never of him. Only of the future am I anxious. Not until the intruder spoke did it ever occur to me that I would live anywhere but the jungle.

"I presume you are looking for me. I am Anguisette." My words are steel. I am proud of this, at least, that my voice is clear and steady. I glance up at my mother, obedience taking the place of iron in my tone. "What do you want from me, Khaleesi?"

Not what does he want, for I suspect the member of Valley kingdom has come to claim me as a captive (although the reasoning for the I am anxious to find out), but what does my mother want? And the jungle, and the sisterhood? How can I turn this situation to one of our advantage? For no matter where I go, the jungle will be in my heart and soul.

Anguisette
    the changeling jungle princess

Messages In This Thread
    good morning starshine; Lagertha/Sette/any - by Anguisette - 10-30-2015, 07:03 PM