• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

mister sandman, give me a dream; anyone
    I’ve been coming to the Meadow more often of late. Perhaps it’s because I am bored with my life, or perhaps it’s to gather information. I would rather not take the time to determine the difference between the two, mostly because I am afraid that it is the former. Today, there are few horses about despite the warm fall weather. I am down to the creek for a drink, but am quickly distracted by the display of sand and wind a few dozen meters downstream.

“That’s very pretty,” I say, craning my neck as I approach to look at it from a different angle. “You’re very good at that.” I’m not entirely sure what ‘that’ is ,but I presume it’s an extension fo whatever trait she might have. I’m familiar with traits; my family has them, both the easily seen and those better hidden beneath a normal appearance. I occasionally forget my own spiraling horns, though I can always see them from the corner of my eyes. Father had given them to me so that I would be a better warrior, but I’ve never made use of them. He would be disappointed, I am sure, but I no longer have to worry about that.

“You’re Adrie, right?” I say, looking back at the white-haired mare. “I remember you from the meeting. I’m Kreios.” For all my humble nature, I do hope that she remembers me. I know that I am not hard to miss, not with my size and coloring. I smile easily, my hazel eyes warm. She might not be a new person to meet, necessarily, but she is someone that I do not really know. That is all I need, after all. “What brings you to the Meadow today?”

Messages In This Thread
    mister sandman, give me a dream; anyone - by adrie - 04-12-2015, 02:58 AM
    RE: mister sandman, give me a dream; anyone - by Kreios - 04-16-2015, 09:16 PM