• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will kill you if I see benefit in your absence. (any)

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

It is not every day that one sees a horse with a snake wrapped around their neck—let alone a snake of that size. The sight of it is enough to keep Magnus back a step, his gold-flecked eyes watching the duo from afar, deep-seeded prey drive warning him to stay away from the viper. Of course, there was the way that the two of them seemed…so in tune. Despite the poison clinging to her curves, the mare did not seem to fear for her life—did not seem to fear it at all. It was enough to make Magnus wonder.

Still, he is hesitant in his approach, double guessing the recruiting attempt for perhaps the first time in his life. It took a lot to overcome his natural aversion to the snake, but he eventually did. Pulling himself away from the cool shadows underneath the boughs of a tree, Magnus stretched lightly, shaking his handsome head and sending the matted strands of his inky mane each which way.

He supposes that there is no time like the present to face your fears—or a giant snake.

“Hello there,” he greets casually as he makes his way toward them, staying far enough away to protect himself from any sudden movements. “My name is Magnus.” He meets the gaze of the mare briefly before flitting toward the snake, not bothering to hide his curiosity. With a friendly grin, he continued, “You two are perhaps the most interesting pair I have ever seen in the Field—and that is saying a lot.”

Throughout his years, Magnus had seen all kinds of couplings in this area of Beqanna; more untraditional than the opposite. Still, he could honestly say that he had never seen any that matched the curious pairing of the two of them. “Are you two looking for a home,” he makes a point of addressing them both,  naturally uncomfortable but doing his best to make eye contact with the snake, “or just enjoying the sun?”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will kill you if I see benefit in your absence. (any) - by magnus - 11-05-2015, 02:35 AM