• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Behave yourself little Darling ( Magnus, Johnathen, Any)

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

When they are alone, Becca finally opens up about what has been bothering her, and Magnus almost sighs with relief before shaking his head. “Of course he will, Becca.” He tilts his golden head to the side to look at her, considering her briefly before rolling his scarred shoulders. “Heaven is a haven and is open for any who wish to live here; we do not discriminate or bar anyone from joining simply because we do not like their parents.” He pauses, giving a sad laugh, “Otherwise, I am afraid, I never would have been allowed.”

Not that he deserved to be here of his own merit, but for all his faults, he was certainly better than Atrox, who had raided the Gates before, and his mother, who had done the same. His bloodline was littered with those whose souls were as dark as tar. He may not have been able to escape the curse of his heritage, but he was at least fighting to better himself. He was determined to do better than his predecessors.

Affection blooms at his chest for her concern, for the softness she displayed for the child, and he lowers his voice slightly. “Heaven will be happy to have him here—as we are happy to have you.” He pulls back for but a second to consider her, gold-flecked eyes warming. “I knew that you would fit in here, but I had no idea how quickly you would help improve it.” A smile, “I’m glad you chose this as your home.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Behave yourself little Darling ( Magnus, Johnathen, Any) - by magnus - 11-09-2015, 11:57 PM