• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you and I both know the ghost is me; minette & co.

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

When they cross the mountain herd’s border she is strangely conflicted by different emotions. First and most of all she is glad to leave the forsaken lands behind, to escape from Gryffen’s grasp and to be able to make sure her little girl has a bright future. They had to be brave to accomplish that, both she and Minette, but the cobalt blue mare found it all so hard.

Yet as they leave the predator’s lands she cannot help but to feel anxious, afraid that he might return while the small herd flees. Felinae is afraid of his wrath, afraid that he might hurt one of them. Although her general concern is Besra, she wouldn’t want to see Minette or the little Amorette hurt either.

Realising that they would be leaving had caused a fluttering and longing feeling, Felinae had instantly been dying to see Zeik again. The year of captivity had passed and therefor she was official free to leave – that didn’t mean that she suspected that Gryffen would’ve stopped her – but she hadn’t been willing to leave Minette and Amorette just like that, she couldn’t, after what Minette had done for her. But Felinae felt like she did wrong by leaving with Magnus. It would be the best for Besra, but the bluish mare couldn’t help but to feel like she was betraying Zeik.

She stayed at Minette’s side during the trip, both to find comfort and support in the gray mare’s presence but also to make sure that her friend was okay. During the year that she had spent in the mourning mountains she had noticed – how could she not? – that there was something off about Min’s movements. It wasn’t her place to question it, but she that didn’t mean she shouldn’t pay any attention to it.

As they finally reach their destination a small smile appears on her lips and as she sighs deep – to breath out a content and relieved sigh – she presses her nose gently against her daughter’s shoulder. ”Go play with Amore, but listen to what Aunt Minette said, okay?” she murmurs as her lips play with the filly’s sky blue mane, before sending her off.

The cobalt blue roan dips her head when the girls are gone, offering a warm and thankful smile to Magnus. ”Thank you, Magnus.” Her eyes move towards the pair, a knowing smile pulling on her lips. ”You don’t know how much this means to us, you saved us from one of the darkest pits of hell” Felinae continues after a brief pause.

She stays with Minette, moving closer once towards the pale mare as she is sure that she doesn’t intrude the couple’s personal space. Shivering slightly the blue mare presses her muzzle against her friend’s shoulder and tension slowly flows away. Safe. They were safe, safe and provided with a new home. A new life. ”He sure is an angel..” she says softly.

[Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you and I both know the ghost is me; minette & co. - by Felinae - 11-20-2015, 02:24 PM