• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Make the Circumstances [any]

♦ Fynnegan ♦

You know, I never thought my welcoming moments into Bequanna would be this calm. I thought it would be grand adventure, a land with constant happenings- in an in your face manor. Nothing about the grand stories Pa told me had anything to do with walking around a meadow. It had been pleasant, and I am curious to meet the rest of Weir’s herd. All these thoughts go through my head as I push myself forward, take a longer stride, drive myself harder. If you don’t have long legs, you have to make up for it in effort, which had to be obvious that I was working hard at this speed. I don’t think I have worked this hard to win at anything in a while, I must push myself more often, I know I must work at things now that I am here.

I inhaled deeply, and hear Weir give way to the chase, “Tally ho!” I feel a chuckle lift in my throat but it doesn’t really escape as my exhaled breath pushes it out and it sounds more like a cough or hiccup. I chance a glance behind me and there is my companion, eyes alight and mane whirling out behind him, gaining on me with little effort. I lower my head a little more playing the ever-serious jock, my sport was a serious matter and winning was not an option. I can barely keep the serious act up, as behind me is a radio voice, calling the second-by-second play. Weir whips up to my right, a quick glance sees he has settled his face in mock determination. The lad’s determination may be mock- but my effort is real- and the full out gallop was starting to get a little harder for me. I can’t help but look back again, and Weir is gone. Straight. Up. Gone! I look ahead, and almost slow up as he isn’t there and then I see him on my left, I think I nearly fall over due to the freight. How I stay upright and still galloping is beyond me. I laugh and call to my thespian racemate-

God bless Weir! I nearly fell over! What a freight you gave me!

We are at the edge now, and I am still a whisker’s length ahead- as weir has been playing the ever-theatrical actor. Weir doesn’t let the finale disappoint. Oh no, as I slow up to not run into the woods Weir collapses to the ground! Oh what a sight!! He flops his head with the crush blow of the heinous title of “giant.” My mane is unsettles, and my breaths are still short and quick this was quite the companion- he had layers that seemed to just keep expanding into this dynamic creature. He kept surprising me it was a welcome feeling…Yes, I would like know more of others like him, yes indeed.

A Giant’s crown must be heavy indeed to collapse the great competitor Weir the Wondrous!

I collapse in a heap of laughter, at the scene we just played out. Oh the scene, indeed; the start, middle, and end all equally magnificent. The grass feels cool and prickly on my sides as I take the time to cool off. My breaths calmed quickly due to the early autumn air; the crisp tang of aging leaves hitting my senses with each slower breath. I pull myself up, mane a bit of a mess, grass and debris clinging to me. My mane settled back into place as I twitch my muscles into a bit of a dog shake, a good post run settling. Weir and I had more traveling to do, and I was looking forward to it.

Come now Giant, I do believe we have more places to go, and people to see!

I wait for the chestnut to stand and tell me where we are going. I will get to see move of the famed Bequanna as we travel and surely there is more the tall lad had to share stored in his kind and wise head. I watch him and follow his lead- I didn’t mind following him, he was the good sort of lad.

[ooc; to gates….]

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «

Messages In This Thread
    I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-15-2015, 08:56 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-16-2015, 08:40 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-17-2015, 03:41 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-17-2015, 08:45 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-19-2015, 11:38 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-19-2015, 07:53 PM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Weir - 11-20-2015, 10:15 AM
    RE: I Make the Circumstances [any] - by Fynnegan - 11-20-2015, 11:12 PM