• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in the morning i sleep alone

there was something in the water, now that something's in me

i can't go back, but the reeds are growing out of my fingertips

He’s not surprised she’s pensive – those with softer hearts often tend to be. So he waits, somewhat curious, with his dark ears pricked in the direction of the silver queen., She speaks of Chezter, and for the first time Texas thinks of the chestnut stallion and his sentence in the Chamber. He knows that the other horse had lost his battle with a Chamber mare, but had’nt thought of him since he had left. He had not been a vital member of the kingdom, and Texas has not missed him.

Perhaps he should have, if Shatter Me is giving him this responsibility.

Perhaps his time of not-caring has come to an end.

The bay stallion doesn’t disagree as she speaks, but only because she is speaking the truth, not because he wants her to wallow. No mare is ever cut out for ruling alone, and the repetitious destruction of the Amazons is more proof of that than any other event. She wants Tyrna to rule beside him and he can only assume that she has seen her daughter more frequently in the last five years than Texas has. He knows that he could say no, and that Shatter Me would respect his choice, but he has at least a little faith that she knows what she is doing, and simply nods his acquiescence.

Then she asks him what he will do, turning the question that he has just asked her around. Their roles are switched, and though Texas feels as though he’s been put on the spot, he is also ready.

“Recruit. Build the kingdom. Even if we have no army me need to be large enough to discourage our enemies.” All residents of the kingdom will fight if they have to; they do not need a title to do so. That is something that a century of experience has taught Texas. “Will you be staying?” He asks, and while it is not a heartfelt admission of loyalty and friendship like the one Shatter Me had given, his general concern about her well-being and location are far more than he’s wondered- let alone asked – about anyone else in years.

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    in the morning i sleep alone - by Texas - 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM
    RE: in the morning i sleep alone - by Texas - 11-05-2015, 02:10 PM
    RE: in the morning i sleep alone - by Shatter Me - 11-23-2015, 05:14 AM
    RE: in the morning i sleep alone - by Texas - 11-24-2015, 02:58 PM
    RE: in the morning i sleep alone - by Shatter Me - 11-27-2015, 05:16 PM
    RE: in the morning i sleep alone - by Texas - 12-04-2015, 10:55 AM