• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

little drops of anguish will all run together; Kreios

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I have never had the chance to blend in with the background. Though I might hide my heritage - born the son of a King and a Queen – by not speaking of it, there is no hiding my physical presence. As large as my Percheron father and carrying the bold spots of my mother and a bloody red coat hidden in both their black hides, I never had a chance. I am not ungrateful for what I have been given – I am healthy and able (now) – but there are times that I have wished that I was not who I am. Times like these.

My former queen – the wife my father had replaced my mother with even as she birthed my youngest sister - had called me back, and while the sight of my dead father walking the sands was not unheard of in the magics of Beqanna, it is something that I do not want to deal with at the present time. I long for the soft sway of yellow savanna grass against my sides, or even the echo of my hooves in deep canyons of the Orange Country. I want anything except to stand beneath my father’s judgmental eye and the broiling Desert sun.

So I have come here, to the Meadow, a place I frequented from time to time when I still called Beqanna home. The faces I see are unfamiliar but they each receive a passing smile; even when ill at ease I am incapable of rudeness. I walk aimlessly, round the meadow first in a wide circle and then in a figure-eight, moving just to move and to not think. I had not thought much while I was away; there was no need. Instinct was enough, and emotions were unimportant. The need for food and water were what drove me, and I follow them until I stand beside the shallow stream. I lower my head to drink and for a moment it almost feels as though I have never returned.

The mare that approaches matches my trouble mind in appearance, a blend of childhood horse brown and the stripes of my most recent herd. I do not know her but she seems frightened, and the urge to comfort her is as instinctual for me as the need for water. “Hey there,” I say, lowering my head in a way that I know makes me seem at least a little smaller, a little less threatening. “Are you okay?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: little drops of anguish will all run together; Kreios - by Kreios - 12-14-2015, 12:01 PM