• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? (herds)
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    Well, this one seems friendly enough at least. He ignores her awkwardness and returns her greeting, offering a name. Nouri. Simple enough.

He is polite and respectful, and yet she still feels suspicious. She knows what stallions can be capable of on both ends of the spectrum. And though she knows they are not all evil, she can’t help but think of her poor mother and the violence she’s experienced over the years.

Granted, those stallions certainly hadn’t stopped for a pleasant chat first.

“Yes … yes. I am looking for a home at the moment.” She stops for a moment, thinking. She’s never actually given herds too much thought before. The Valley had always been her home as a child, and then, the lands outside of Beqanna. Her one jaunt in a herd land (joining Nera’s herd of colourful children) had been short lived. Had always been intended to be short lived. But to actually make one her home?

Now that she thinks about it, it has some appeal. Herds are quiet and peaceful, with few responsibilities and expectations. Except perhaps children …

“I wouldn’t mind accompanying you … as long as you don’t expect kids …” She blurts out the last part, and her eyes widen the moment the words leave her mouth. Oh god, did she really just say that?! “I’m sorry, that was … awkward …” Her head hangs and she avoids his gaze momentarily. “I don’t mind kids or anything, I just … don’t want one … now …” Aaaand now she’s just making it worse.
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

Messages In This Thread
    what am I fighting for? (herds) - by Morigan - 12-05-2015, 01:32 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (herds) - by Daey - 12-06-2015, 10:02 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (herds) - by Nouri - 12-07-2015, 08:11 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (herds) - by Morigan - 12-07-2015, 10:52 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (herds) - by Nouri - 12-11-2015, 01:35 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (herds) - by Morigan - 12-19-2015, 12:35 PM