• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    For your love I'd give my last breath
    Shiya takes note as to how he doesn't even mention the Valley. The Chamber, a neighboring kingdom, is spoken with poison on his tongue and disgust on his face. She can sense his hatred and disapproval of them and all that they have done (and may continue doing). It makes her heart flutter as she remembers the core reason she's here. Everything he has said and done, however, makes her regret this, all of it. She shouldn't have come because she doesn't have the tenacity and strength of the other Valley members. Her heart is weak and so hopeful to find the light in everyone. This was meant to bring forward a confidence she never had, but it's backfiring now as she meets Magnus' eyes.

Without letting herself falter Shiya listens to him with an occasional nod, trying to grasp everything he says. She tries hard not to run away, to cower in the shadows like a fearful child. What she is doing feels so wrong, but there is no turning back now. She has to hold steady as her eyes flicker from the tree to Magnus and back. "The light of the Gates will shatter the darkness," it's a feeble reassurance that he is already confident in. "This is a marvelous place, Magnus. You are lucky." Lucky to live here, lucky to have love here, lucky to be loved.

A jagged smile stretches across her lips when their gaze connects. "Joelle would be proud," her whisper is light and almost lost in the wind as it breathes across the rolling hills. It all feels so right, and so serene, that she gets lost in enjoying this moment. She almost doesn't hear Magnus and she almost wishes she hadn't. It's a question she never has an answer for. Without knowing herself how can she tell anyone a story? Without knowing her own past how can she truly build a future? "I, uh," Shiya hesitates as she searches herself for an answer, "I don't know." Her voice is suddenly shifted. What had been sweetened with honey now depresses and becomes somber. "I don't remember anything. All of my memories contain only one horse and I don't know what to make of it." Ashamed, she looks down, fighting herself to run away.

Shiya
    larva and dillan's lost little girl

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Shiya - 11-23-2015, 11:46 AM
    RE: anyone; - by magnus - 11-24-2015, 01:18 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Shiya - 11-24-2015, 08:54 AM
    RE: anyone; - by magnus - 11-24-2015, 11:59 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Shiya - 11-26-2015, 09:27 AM
    RE: anyone; - by magnus - 11-29-2015, 02:01 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Shiya - 12-01-2015, 02:39 PM
    RE: anyone; - by magnus - 12-07-2015, 12:30 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Shiya - 12-22-2015, 09:32 AM