• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any]
    The fire covered mare is queen of the Amazons?

How unfortunate. Texas is not certain that he’s ever seen anything quite as unattractive as the tattooed creature, and he does his best to avert his eyes. Though he knows that it is unlikely, he desperately hopes that she’s no descendent of his, and that if she is she got the ugly genes from the other side. She certainly didn’t get them from Texas.

The second mare is a queen too, and comes with that slimy feeling that Texas equates with magicians. This day is turning out absolutely horribly, and Texas turns his greying head back in Astri’s direction in the hopes that she’s a saving grace among this odd congregation of things that Texas dislikes.

“Servitude?” He repeats, darks eyes going a little wide at the word. “I’m not sure what you’ve heard about kingdoms, but the Falls doesn’t expect slavish devotion from its members.” Amazons, check and mate. They have their weird little voodoo and slashed chests on betrayers. Gods forbid someone gets tired of living in a disgustingly humid jungle and moves to a better climate.

He wonders, perhaps a little late, if it is wise to have such free-floating thoughts near a magicians. Probably not, but he’s survived this far, even with his immortality slipping away with every day spent in the Falls.

“A kingdom is a place to live. If you want to make yourself great, you can do so anywhere.” Sure, if she has magic and sisterhood to help her she might have an extra boost, but no assistance comes without a cost. Hence Texas’ almost entirely solitary life.

“The Falls has need of members with drive though. Members, I think, like you.” He might be a terrible recruiter, that’s true. It might be because he’s surrounded by his least favorite things, or it might be that the creak in his bones is finally getting to him. “We also have control of the waterfall, of course, if that sort of thing appeals to you. Healing waters, and all that.”
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM