• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any

please don't take my sunshine away
    The sea air felt brisk against her fragile skin, sending a shiver down the course of her otherwise rigid spine. Her steps were shaky, heavy and uncertain and her clumsiness came forth to the surface as a single misstep onto a single polished stone threatened to uproot her from the ground. Fortunately, she had managed to maintain her composure, but not without tweaking a muscle. 

Though her time spent on Earth had been little thus far, her shining brown eyes had seen much - the grassy hills, the sloping mountains and their brilliant peaks of sleet and snow, and now the ocean in all of its glory. She had never seen something so enormous, and it was captivating, fully entrancing her and causing her to stop all motion. Though the cove was only a teaser of what lie beyond, its visual alone was compelling and terrifying.

Softly, the obsidian feathers that lined her delicate, bony wings fluttered in the gentle breeze, pushing her and pulling her all at once. Suddenly, she was self-aware of the fragile appendages glued to her sides. Her heartbeat began to race as she realized that the warmth she had so carefully sought since birth was suddenly absent, and she urged her awkward limbs forward to catch up with her. Gently, her lips brushed along the rounded side of her mother's curves as she curled up against her to seek her affection, unaware of her thoughts and intentions. 

The shrillness of her mother's voice echoes, startling her. Who is she calling to? Anxiously, her gaze wanders, trailing off to the sky as if it held the answer. And perhaps, amidst the thick fog that had begun to roll in onto the beach, it did.

Messages In This Thread
    you are my sunshine. - by Misra - 02-03-2016, 05:04 PM
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any - by Misra - 02-05-2016, 05:57 PM
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any - by Misra - 02-13-2016, 09:45 PM
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any - by Syntyche - 02-14-2016, 07:13 PM