• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any

please don't take my sunshine away
         She recoils, her small and fragile wings pressed tightly to her sides as she attempts to shield herself from his touch, uncertain. Her gaze is innocent and cautious, doe-eyed and gentle, searching for her mother's approval. Seeing her warm smile, her worries are soothed and his charm begins to ease her. She presses forward, away from her mother's side, her limbs shifting beneath the weight and warmth of his wing as he cradles her closer. "I haven't," she breathes aloud for the first time, her deep brown eyes now peering out towards the tide, which continues to crawl its way up the shoreline before falling away. It comforts her and distracts her - until he speaks to her again.

Misra flexes her limber, still tenuous wings, spreading them to each side. They are undeniably beautiful, and though her coat is stained a deep, almost impenetrably, inky black, the feather tips appear bleached. Tinted white and slowly blending into a a charcoal gray and eventually the same obsidian of her pelt, her ombré colored feathers flutter gently as the ocean breeze slides along the downy barbs. She is so enamored by his kind words that she misses the mischievousness hidden away in his silver eyes, so pleased by her own appendages that she cannot see the danger of his intentions. 

Nor the intentions of her mother.

Giddy, she begins to sprint and bound towards the gentle waves that lap along the beach, her hooves parading in the damp sand as the icy cold, salty water splashes up along her forelimbs, washing her innocence away with it.

Messages In This Thread
    you are my sunshine. - by Misra - 02-03-2016, 05:04 PM
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any - by Misra - 02-05-2016, 05:57 PM
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any - by Misra - 02-13-2016, 09:45 PM
    RE: I don't think I'll ever land; misra, kirin, any - by Syntyche - 02-14-2016, 07:13 PM