• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but they haven't seen the best of us yet; LUPEI
    Lupei is not the only one wondering about the other's whereabouts for the past few years - Zojja, too, wonders why she's not seen the stallion around, although the confusion is somewhat lessened with the knowledge that he's potentially been slinking around as something less... ostentatious. Still, despite his absence he's been busy, if the familiar-looking colts and fillies bouncing around the field these past few years are anything to go by. Might have been nice to cross paths with him proper, in any case. Frankly, in the sea of proven idiots he's a sight for sore eyes (if a rather lurid one).

He bumps his broad head against hers, and the dun wolf wags her tail, sinking to her haunches as Lupei rolls languidly onto his side. Zojja's ears perk at his comment. "Mm, you think so?" The gold of her coat sort of fades into a cadet blue, although the dark points remain - ever the showoff. "Everybody else has always seemed fond of the orange. You wear the blue well, though." Truthfully, the orange is the only thing that seems to have stuck around as the extensive roaning gradually worked its way into full-fledged grey ("Huh," Porrim had said, frowning thoughtfully at her outraged daughter, "That's funny - your father was every color except grey"). She's almost sort of thankful they've only just now crossed paths - the period during which her natural coat had faded out had, frankly, been an embarrassing time for her. Lupei, on the other hand, seems as eye-catching as always.

I didn't know you had tricks up your sleeve, too... but I'm always a fan of surprises. Zojja chuckles, eyeing the black wolf interestedly as he sits upright. "I could say the same for you, you know. Guess we're both rather adept at keeping secrets - unless, of course, this is a new development. It has been a while..." Her tail sweeps the leaves underfoot as she regards the other wolf, a wry smile quirking at the corners of her mouth. "It's nice to see you about, in any case. I'd all but given up hope on finding any worthwhile company around here." Zojja scoffs. "You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I digress. Where've you been lurking, anyway? I've certainly seen some familiar colors gallivanting around the Meadow, but you, on the other hand... well, I think I'd remember." Another sly grin as she sinks to her belly, tail still lazily fanning the carpet of dead leaves. "Perhaps you've stumbled across some more raving strangers since we last met? I haven't - but then, after the first I rather lost my taste for lunatics."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but they haven't seen the best of us yet; LUPEI - by Zojja - 02-22-2016, 12:31 AM