• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm on the wrong side of heaven; any, erebor

i'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell

He had to lose himself before he could be found.

For only the second time in living memory he had thrown down his responsibilities, shrugged them off and discarded them like a coat in the heat of summer. He had stepped out from beneath the heavy woolen blanket of life as he knew it, and never looked back. So many things in his life he’d lost; his mother, his father. A lover and a daughter most recently and most regrettably. All for his kingdom, his mistress, his side girl with a vengeance. The last time the weight of the world had started to crush his throat he had ran away; but he was older now, supposedly wiser, and certainly no longer jaded. He did not run away this time, he simply slipped into the farthest flung cracks and crevices of his beloved homeland. Perhaps no one knew the land better than him, despite the many times it had changed over the years. Beneath the terra lay the same familiar paths from his youth, like a road map of veins lying beneath sunburned skin. The black warrior had relished in the mist of the recovering forest, the infinity symbol glowing faintly on his broad chest. Its light was somewhat weaker now, but he knew that would change eventually. He was also fully aware of the ramifications should it not change.

He was bound to that blue light, just as he was bound to Eight and was forever bound to his kingdom. It marked him the eternal servant. It was a sentence that occasionally tasted bitter on his tongue and weighed heavy on his heart, but it was something he forced himself to choke down. For the greater good, for his kingdom always. She would always need him, the ever-ready soldier. And what of his son? Someone would need to teach him to fight, to feel the sting of teeth and hooves and sore muscles and come out the other side stronger than ever. But his time in the corners of the kingdom had given him a much needed moment of solace and clarity, and he would come back stronger than before too. He was ready to pick up and lay down arms. Moreover, he was ready to see his kingdom thrive and to return to the top of the food chain. So with a resolute smile placed on his handsome black mouth, he stepped from the forest.

warship

Messages In This Thread
    i'm on the wrong side of heaven; any, erebor - by Warship - 05-05-2015, 09:30 AM
    RE: i'm on the wrong side of heaven; any, erebor - by Sterbefall - 05-06-2015, 11:49 PM