• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe through me

He smirks in response to my sarcastic response to his dumb question, and I struggle between scowling, angry at anyone who dares to find me amusing, and grinning, knowing that only people like me find sarcasm and attitude like mine entertaining. While my brain does this little tug of war, the expression on my face doesn’t waver, continuing to portray what I’ve come to think of as my default expression – brash, disdainful, leaning towards pissed without really going overboard. What can I say – I have resting bitch face. 
    I snort at his retort, not really having much to say in response – I’m NOT a pleasant person, but a backbone I’ve got in spades. Kind of a pre-requisite for dealing with this world on your own. Here there be monsters, and they come in many forms. His offer to leave makes me pause. I don’t have anything against the guy really – he could be worse. Recruiters tend to lean heavily towards the bright white smiles and overly polite chit chat from what I’ve seen, and honestly I’d rather be approached by a serial killer than put up with that shit, but this guy’s neither (well, I don’t THINK he’s a serial killer, but in Beqanna you can never really tell). On the other hand I don’t feel any particular draw to the Valley, but then, I don’t feel any particular draw to ANYWHERE – that’s why I’m here in the first place. 
    So I snort again at his remark, tossing by dark slightly as I shift my stance. When did a bad attitude become a selling point? I retort, staring at him with eyes that don’t match, trying to suss this guy out. After a few moments of silence I relent, lashing my tail against my hindquarters. Amoxia. My name’s Amoxia. 

Amoxia

Buckskin Friesian/Anglo-Arabian hybrid  mare
    Gunsynd x Soulgasm

Messages In This Thread
    breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 04:52 AM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:22 PM