• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you set my soul alight
    GLACIERS MELTING IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT AND
    THE SUPERSTARS SUCKED IN THE SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE

He’s somewhat pleased with himself for ruffling her feathers.

For all the haughtiness she was giving him, he thought it appropriate that she also shared in some of frustrations. She was certainly someone who thought highly of themselves. Warner has officially decided that this girl’s attitude must mean that she is in league with his kidnappers somehow. Otherwise, why would she seem to hold such hostility to his words. When she suggests other options for the experiment, he gives her an almost disdainful look. Was she really suggesting that they intentionally harm some defenseless creature out of morbid curiosity?

Bloodthirsty thing she is,” he mutters under his breath.

The purple girl begins to head away from the beach and towards the cliffs while Warner reluctantly shuffles along behind her. He chooses to not answer her command and instead mismatched eyes anxiously watch as she scrutinizes the tall beach grass which grows at higher elevations away from the damaging waves. He’s decided that if she really was going to stomp on some poor creature, he’d have to intervene. The roan boy just wouldn’t stand for such a grotesque break in morality.

She abruptly stops her search and seems to be intently studying something hidden in the wispy, windblown grasses. He is then rudely addressed and he can’t help but answer her inquiry. “It’s Warner. Shouldn’t that have been the first thing you asked?” But at least he now has a name to address her by. He draws closer and the thing she had found reveals itself to be a horrifyingly injured rabbit with its legs strewn every which way.

I hope this isn’t your work, because this is absolutely horrid.

He throws her a stern, disgusted look before returning his attention to the clearly dying rabbit. Warner lowers his head, hesitates in a brief moment of incredulity, before touching the poor thing’s floppy ears. He draws back with wide eyes as the creaking and snapping of bones begins and its’ fur begins to stitch itself back together. The clearly lifeless body and dull eyes now shown with life and after several minutes of awed silence it hops away in a frenzy.

Warner turns to stare back at Kirke.

Well that was unexpected.

WARNER
    (michaelis x orani)

Messages In This Thread
    you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-25-2016, 12:19 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 01-25-2016, 03:39 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 02-21-2016, 01:31 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-29-2016, 01:11 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 03-11-2016, 08:10 PM