• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Earthbound Faerie
    i'm going to post this is orange country too Smile

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

A week ago I might have shied away, but I extend my muzzle without hesitation. She feels like a cloud too, is the first thought that comes to mind, and I pull away with a shy smile.

Illusen talks of the army and how I must be an asset to them, and I wonder how best to tell her that I have not the least amount of battle experience. Part of it is my own choice, but it is mostly a result of the peace that currently spreads across Beqanna. There is no need for bloodshed and no call for war. As I planned the beginning of my own herd however, it’s occurred to me that that I might have to fight to defend them. I would need to other reason, I realize as Illusen steps a little closer – of course I would fight to defend her, and Nymeria too.

She speaks to Pomona, thanking the brightly-winged mare for her help, and glance toward the west, where my home is. When she looks back at me though, I turn quickly, looking down at her beside me with a broad smile. “Of course,” I reply, “Whatever you would like.” It’s true, I realize. How strange. “Goodbye.” I tell Pomona quickly, and then bump my shoulder very gently against Illusen.

“It’s this way,” I say, stepping forward to start the trip to the Orange Country. I am surethat she will walk beside me, so I continue, and we make our way through the common lands, and then along the path that leads through Misty Rapids. As we walk along the ever shrinking creek, the land around us begins to rise, until it is clear that we are in the orange canyons that some say give my herd land its name. As we round the final bend though, the lush scent of ripe citrus reaches my nose, and I know we have arrived. This is why I think it is called Orange Country.

Though the river is dry, there remains a deep pool against the canyon wall that waters our oasis. It is not enormous – no more than five acres – but I find it flawless. “What do you think?” I ask, turning to Illusen at my side. I can recall Nymeria’s first reaction with perfect clarity, and hope that the cloud mare beside me will be just as appreciative.

Messages In This Thread
    Earthbound Faerie - by Illusen - 05-02-2015, 10:05 AM
    RE: Earthbound Faerie - by Pomona - 05-02-2015, 01:59 PM
    RE: Earthbound Faerie - by Kreios - 05-02-2015, 02:21 PM
    RE: Earthbound Faerie - by Illusen - 05-03-2015, 12:27 AM
    RE: Earthbound Faerie - by Kreios - 05-05-2015, 10:54 PM
    RE: Earthbound Faerie - by Illusen - 05-06-2015, 12:25 AM
    RE: Earthbound Faerie - by Kreios - 05-07-2015, 09:31 AM