• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

rise and rise again [ANY]

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Sometimes she is not entirely certain where she is when she peeks from the eyes of another. There are so many places that she has not actually been. Perhaps she has already seen this girl's home. Certainly she has seen her fair share of dark places.

In any case, that is neither here nor there. For the time being, their conversation remains focused on one tiny caterpillar. Issa’s shocked and horrified question causes a slight frown to tug at the roan girl's lips even as a furrow forms upon a nonexistent brow. ”Well, of course his hair will fall out! she exclaims, as though it should have been obvious. ”I mean, it has to in order for him to turn into a butterfly.” Her frown deepens as she considers the conundrum further. ”Or a moth. Maybe he’ll be a moth.” She doesn't actually know for sure. She knows only what she has seen, and she has never seen this exact caterpillar before.

It is unfortunate though that she couldn't know why Issa had been so concerned about that particular fact. If she had, she likely would have been rolling on the leaf strewn ground in laughter at that image. But alas, she is destined to be denied such hilarity.

In short order, the conversation swings around to their respective homes, causing the intense frown marring Heartfire’s lips to ease. ”Oh no!” she says with a shake of her small, dark head. ”I live in the Deserts. It's very bright and sunny.” She pauses, curiosity suffusing her features. ”Why? Is the Valley dark?” Pause. ”Can I see it?” It takes every ounce of her inconsiderable will power to resist simply delving into the other girl's sight, but after Papa had admonished her for being so rude as to do something so inconsiderate to another horse, she does her best to ask first (at least, if she can ask. She wouldn't tell Papa about the ones who couldn't understand her). Not once, however, does it occur to her that Issa might not understand her actual meaning.

Heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Are you OK with this? If not, let me know! Heartfire's just super nosy lol

Messages In This Thread
    rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 03-12-2016, 11:57 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 03-24-2016, 02:06 PM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 03-26-2016, 08:55 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 03-26-2016, 09:45 PM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 03-27-2016, 08:53 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 03-30-2016, 01:02 PM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 04-05-2016, 08:55 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 04-09-2016, 01:12 PM