• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats
    when you fall I'll be the only one who looks away;
    when you call I'll be the first to tell you I can't stay.

"There was a purpose behind it; and no doubt there were good intentions. It is something that I am not personally comfortable doing under my reign. If past and even future rulers chose or choose to do it, I would pay it no mind. My children are precious to me," Were precious, he thinks, and for a long, quiet moment, he wonders if any inherited his curse and still thrived. He wonders if there might be his own blood lingering out there, somewhere. "and I will not use them as bait. Our strength and wit will be what leads us, Brynmor. If we are to be of any value to an ally, it will be on our word, our principles and when called upon, our actions alone."

He falls quiet once more, observing the icy terrain ahead of them. He had never felt such a deeply rooted sense of belonging in the entirety of his life - not in the way that he felt it now. It coursed through his veins as freely and wholly as his crimson-painted blood did, and the mountains and icy glaciers felt as much a part of his bones and sinew as anything could. 

It was an overwhelming feeling to cross the valley, pace the beaten path and enter through the sky-high, unyielding walls of ice - it was a thorough, warming sense of home. A feeling he had never experienced before and had been certain he could not duplicate. His dark eyes fell upon Isle and her soft, feminine features - her glimmering eyes, which now watched him from a distance with such veneration and adoration that he struggled not to lose his stoicism before Brynmor.

His attention is soon drawn away as he meets his gaze again, studying him for a long, hard moment. "You're right, Brynmor. War is always like that. And it always will be. And with war come new negotiations, new opportunities and new alliances. A rebirth, if you will, of the land. I believe we will be seeking allies with those who have new rulers, different intentions and alternate ideologies."

He allows this to sink in, both for himself and for the dapple gray of sinew and muscle beside him.

"The Chamber has retained and maintained the Valley as an ally, to my knowledge - and the Chamber is a strong example to follow in means of diplomacy. Rather than destroying the Gates, they have found opportunity to reform it, to rebuild it and retain it, too, as an ally. That is powerful, Brynmor. The true measure of a man - or woman's - power is the ability to see beyond the bloodlust, beyond hostility, beyond vengeance and make something stronger and greater of it for the good will of the people and their own people. If the King of the Chamber and the King of the Valley see value and promise in Queen Topsail, then we must find it and see what use it can be to us, and what use we can be to them."

the ice king of the tundra
    OFFSPRING

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-23-2016, 12:46 AM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-23-2016, 11:17 PM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-29-2016, 10:13 AM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 04-03-2016, 02:14 PM