• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thrown back from the gates of valhalla - ALL KINGDOM
    Larken is also late to the meeting, though not for the same reason as her sister. She’d been practicing with her new abilities when the call had rung out, and in the short moment of distraction she’d … broken a tree. It’d caused a bit of a mess, to say the least, and she’d decided to take a few minutes to clean it up before joining the sisters. She’d rather not leave it lying around for one of the foals or some poor unsuspecting animal to run into after all. Well, that and she doesn’t want to leave evidence of the mishap for her sister to find either.

She arrives just on the tail end of Lagertha’s words and slips in beside her sister, quiet for the moment. It hurts to hear of their mother, but both the buckskin mare and Lexa are right. It’s not Lagertha’s fault. She’d done her best. The stallion that had killed mother had simply done better. She pipes up as Lexa finishes. “My sister’s right, s’not your fault.” Oh. She’s suddenly struck by the thought that the gathered sisters likely have no idea who she is (with the exception of her ‘father’ probably). She looks rather different than the last time many of them had seen her … when she was busy getting her throat ripped out. Oops.

“Oh um, I’m Larken by the way. Still alive, to Lexa’s disappointment.” Her awkward chuckle trails off when she notices the look her sister is giving her. Whoops, that probably hadn’t been the most sensitive of comments. But how the hell else is she supposed to deal with the whole ‘came back from the dead’ thing?
    Larken
    i'm burning but my heart is on the wire
    dont need a thousand guards to lock me in
    doesn't take a fool to start a fire
    solitary spark and wars begin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: thrown back from the gates of valhalla - ALL KINGDOM - by Larken - 04-09-2016, 10:04 PM