• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Erebor // Any

We are at war. There will be scars.

Stoic, yes. No fun, yes. And his own damn fault, absolutely.

He follows easily by his great-uncle's side, content to keep the silence. He has the businesslike demeanor of a soldier, but at the same time he is not militaristic, not as he marches beside Kavi toward a diplomatic end. He's entirely capable of compartmentalizing the two, making himself exactly what is needed for the Chamber to best use him, for his home to survive and thrive as he desperately wishes it will.

He remembers what his mother had told him of the Falls, what she knew of its healing waters. He is interested to see them for himself, to learn about everything that Beqanna has to offer. He may play a good bit older than he looks, but he still knows shockingly little – something of which he is distinctly aware, and something which he'd love to remedy.

Which is why he's volunteered to visit every kingdom. I mean what else is he going to do, really? There's not enough horses in the field to take up his time, and there's only so many mock battles that he can fight. He could start challenging, or stealing, but that doesn't pass the time like diplomacy.

His uncle calls for the diplomats, and Erebor is not expecting a question after that. Chase? He hadn't thought of it in that way, but he has played it. "Chase? Yes, in my training." It's not the chase that Kavi knows, not at all; it's not the kind of chase that boys play in the yard, but the kind of chase that cadets and princelings play when they're training for war. He frowns. "Although, I'm not sure that I'd say it was something we played, so much as an exercise."

And as he is pondering what else to say, a dappled mare comes into view, and he is instantly focused on her. She introduces herself as Shatter Me, although bids them to call her Shatter. "Thank you, Shatter." he greets, his demeanor entirely too adult for his slightly-older-than-yearling frame. He steps across the border at her invitation. "I am Erebor, of the Chamber. We've come on a diplomatic mission. Thank you for receiving us so promptly." he gives her a smile, not a gregarious one, but a genuine one, diplomat to diplomat.

And then he is silent. It's his great uncle's turn to speak – god knows, the important business is Kavi's to handle, not Erebor's.

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

Messages In This Thread
    Erebor // Any - by Kavi - 05-07-2015, 02:58 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Shatter Me - 05-11-2015, 02:57 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Erebor - 05-11-2015, 10:24 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Kavi - 05-22-2015, 11:36 AM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Texas - 05-22-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Shatter Me - 05-29-2015, 10:40 AM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Erebor - 06-05-2015, 08:18 PM