• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? (herds preferred)
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    He perks up immediately when she introduces herself and mentions her search for a home (though really, he should have been able to figure that out himself - why else would she be here?!). “Thank you.” She shuffles awkwardly and looks away at the compliment. Her mother had named her after an ancient goddess of war and death … pretty as the name may be, it’s a bit of a misnomer. But her gaze quickly returns to his face as he mentions his own herd.

He mentions other mares and foals on the way, even going so far as to suggest her future child would have friends there. He seems earnest enough and the corner of her lip can’t help but to quirk in a more genuine smile. It would be nice to be in a herd with other children. Morigan had grown up on her own, and later, had raised her younger brother on her own. They’d done alright, but both had ended up with lonely childhoods. She would like it if her own son or daughter could avoid the same.

“I …” He asks if she’d like to see the lands and she pauses, considering. She’s not really seeing any downside at this point. Archam does seem kind and genuine and even if turns out to be a fraud in that regard, Morigan is nothing if not resilient. She might as well take a chance. “I think I would like that, thank you Archam.”
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: what am I fighting for? (herds preferred) - by Morigan - 04-24-2016, 11:45 PM