• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I can beat the night; Weir, any
    I can beat the night, I'm not afraid of thunder
    I am full of light, I am full of wonder

Her eyes light up in pleasure as Weir compliments her efforts with the Latin. The language is just so tricky, with its long words and in some cases, unexpected pronunciations. It’s nice to know that her daddy has noticed how hard she’s working at it. “I agree! Especially since the proper name can tell us so much about the animal. Leon means lion right?” From the greek originally, she thinks she remembers Weir telling her. Probably a reference to the creature’s lovely mane of hair. She has no idea what the rest of the name means though.

Darwin plucks information from Weir’s mind, rattling off a description of the tamarin’s habits. It reminds her of something she’s been meaning to ask Weir about for some time now - drinking from the Dale’s magical pool. Neva is three now, an adult in her own right. She would love to have her chance to see her own soul in corporeal form, to have her own companion that knows her so well … if only her father approves. But, now is not the time. The little tamarin needs their help - they can’t leave it here all alone. She’ll just have to start that conversation when they’ve figured out how to help the creature.

The little monkey suddenly begins to vocalize overhead and Neva’s head snaps upward. “Oh! It sounds just like a bird!” Her brown eyes widen in fascination. She’d known that monkeys could make sort of hooting and grunting noises, but this light chirping is absolutely lovely!

Weir suggests tempting the little creature down out of the tree with some fruit and Neva perks up. “I know there’s a little blackberry patch nearby!” She’d accidentally found her way into the patch one day, and ended up with a number of scratches for her trouble. “Do you think those would work?” Her speckled head cocks to the side momentarily, considering. “I can’t think of anything else close by.” Weir would likely have a better idea that she though.

N E V A

Messages In This Thread
    I can beat the night; Weir, any - by Neva - 03-17-2016, 02:48 AM
    RE: I can beat the night; Weir, any - by Weir - 03-18-2016, 08:32 PM
    RE: I can beat the night; Weir, any - by Neva - 04-06-2016, 11:55 PM
    RE: I can beat the night; Weir, any - by Weir - 04-16-2016, 07:56 AM
    RE: I can beat the night; Weir, any - by Neva - 04-19-2016, 12:12 AM
    RE: I can beat the night; Weir, any - by Weir - 04-19-2016, 12:33 PM
    RE: I can beat the night; Weir, any - by Neva - 04-25-2016, 01:49 PM