• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if i dont open up my eyes, that's fine by me [Eira]
    She hopes she’s not bothering him too much with all the questions, but she can’t help but to ask them. The land that she’d come from before had had so little in the way of magic - she’d in fact been the only horse with an ability that she’d ever known. But in Beqanna … in Beqanna magic is everywhere. It’s all just just so new to her and there’s so much that she still doesn’t know, still so much that she wants to know.

She listens, mesmerized, as Weir explains more about the special nature of Darwin’s existence. “That’s fascinating!” She wonders where exactly Darwin goes when he goes ‘inside,’ but somehow that doesn’t seem terribly polite to ask.

Her eyes widen in surprise when the tortoise mentions the ‘Fae,’ and her mind tries to work through all of the questions that suddenly pop into it. She’s heard of the Fae of course, but only ever as some sort of fairy tail. But Darwin’s words imply that they are real and that are active in and about Beqanna. She’s about to ask what else the Fae might do, when Weir speaks up again with a tidbit of information that really catches her interest.

“Do … do you mean that I could do that too? I mean, that I could have my own soul personified as an animal once I become a member of the kingdom?” It sounds like such a wonderful thing. She would have a little companion at all times, a friend that would truly understand her because it is a part of her. A friend that would never be scared of her abilities … and one that she would never be able to hurt.

She’s distracted from the thought when Weir reveals that they haven't quite yet reached the Dale itself, and the both of them forge their way thorough the river and continue on their way.

Before too long they stop and Weir introduces the new territory as the Dale, his homeland. Eira stops to stare in wonder for a moment, brown eyes taking in the rolling hills, the little copses of trees, and a myriad of little rivers. She turns to Weir, eyes shining with happiness. “It’s beautiful Weir. I can already tell I’m going to love it here.”

She doesn’t fail to notice the pride in his voice as he mentions his children and she smiles back. Considering how kind he’s already been to herself, a complete stranger, she imagines that he must be a wonderful father. “Could I meet them?”
    EIRA
    nothing's only words, that's how hearts get hurt

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if i dont open up my eyes, that's fine by me [Eira] - by Eira - 04-25-2016, 02:42 PM