• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hoofprints in Sand (any)
    He sees the mares whispering as he approaches, and he’s unsure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. The roan is smiling though, for the moment anyway, so he decides to take it as a good sign.

The black arabian smiles too and teases him, and his grin widens. It is funny that he’s running into it again. “I just couldn’t help myself!” At least she’s not taking it personally - he’s not intentionally picking on her to try and poach her potential recruits. “Nice to officially meet you Zaravich.”

He turns back to the roan, still smiling. “And a pleasure to meet you Desirea.” She’s pretty as he’d already noted, and he’s pleased to see that there’s still no sign of physical traits. “Well, depending on what you’re looking for I might be able to help. I’ve been trying to start a herd of my own, a place where,” he should probably bring this out into the open now, “untraited horses can live quietly and peacefully. Would you be at all interested in something like that?”

She reveals then that she’s in a bit of a vulnerable position, and his smile drops. “Oh I’m so sorry to hear that, that must be awful!” He can’t imagine what it would be like to have his memories of his mother, his sister and his adoptive father just … gone. His whole history, all events that have made him, well him, gone? It must be horrible for the poor mare.

He’s tempted to try to reach out to comfort her, but he doesn’t know her well enough, not yet anyway. He definitely doesn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. He shifts on the spot, trying to think of something to say, when the sound of approaching hooves catches his ear. He turns his head to look at the newcomer, and bile instantly rises in his throat. Wings. One of them. He flashes the stallion a glare, then turns to look back at Desirea, doing his best to hide his discomfort. He can’t help but narrow his eyes slightly though when the newcomer reveals that he’s Zaravich’s stallion. Pity. He’d actually sort of liked the mare.
    szeth
    absolute power corrupts absolutely

Messages In This Thread
    Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-05-2016, 10:42 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Zaravich - 05-06-2016, 07:41 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-09-2016, 01:29 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Zaravich - 05-12-2016, 06:41 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-12-2016, 08:41 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Szeth - 05-13-2016, 06:14 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Zaravich - 05-15-2016, 06:23 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Desirea - 05-15-2016, 11:27 PM
    RE: Hoofprints in Sand (any) - by Phaedrus - 05-17-2016, 09:46 PM