• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Butterflies are self propelled flowers - Besra, any

A kiss is not a contract

Coming home had been all she ever wanted. To leave that place with Archam and return where she most belonged, where she was most needed. Sadly, for her, that didn’t mean the Gates anymore. Of course Besra misses it - the simple solitude of the kingdom, the quiet afternoons spent with both her parents. It wasn’t often in Beqanna that a mare felt at ease growing past her prime with her sire nearby, but she’d never had to worry about those things since she’d left the mourning mountains so long ago. In more way than one, she’s had a simple life. Then again, she’d never wanted simple. How could she, when her wanderlust came from Zeik, and her motherly affection came from Felinae? She had been doomed to leave, at some point or another, it was only a matter of time.

That’s why, when the familiar tune of voices rings out over the plains, Besra’s head pops up from the long tendrils of grass and her eyes widen in excitement. “Mother!” She thinks, glossy silver coat a blur of movement as she sprints to where they wait. From the sound of things, she’d brought little Vlinder too. This was something of a surprise. It’s hard to contain the smile that brightens her face when she finally comes upon them - Phaedrus standing at the ready. “Easy, Phaedrus.” She asks tenderly, nose running along his sleek hide as she comes to stand at his right. They make a striking duo alone, but the four of them together seem to oddly share a common color. Besra’s not sure if she’s ever seen so much blue in her life before.

The roan mare can hardly stand still, she’s overcome with joy at this unexpected reunion. Her legs bring her forward to wrap her neck deftly around her Dam’s, letting go only to offer her nose in greeting to her rapidly growing sister. “You came all this way to see me mother?” Besra asks, stepping back to view them once more. Felinae seemed healthly, untouched by Zeik this season but that was just like her father - he was subject to any wish or whim his bluebird mate wanted. Vlinder too seemed happy, so all sources of bad news vanish from Besra’s thoughts. “I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye … but I know you wouldn’t have wanted me to go.” She offers, guessing aloud as to the reason for their coming.

It seemed too good to be true - the family nearly complete again.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Butterflies are self propelled flowers - Besra, any - by Besra - 05-25-2016, 11:37 AM