• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Butterflies are self propelled flowers - Besra, any

I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it nor fight it.

The blue painted mare wasn’t really aware of the potential danger she put herself and her daughter in. Even though she had met one of those brutes that would take everything within their grasp – Besra had even been born in the herd of such a monster, although not sired by him – she didn’t feel endangered right now. You could say Felinae hadn’t really learned her lesson, but it was just her naïve nature. She wanted to see the best in everybody, even those who needed second chances. Though both Gryffen and Leck wouldn’t get those if it depended on the cobalt blue roan girl.

She could have shifted and explored the herdland from above. There was no way somebody would pay attention to a little bluebird, except for those who knew. Besra would’ve recognized her for sure, or that was what Felinae wanted to believe. It would’ve been an option if Vlinder would’ve been able to fly too. The girl was gifted with a set of wings, but she still had to learn how to use them, something that worried the cobalt blue mare greatly.

But right now it wasn’t time for her to be worried about those kind of things. The black and blue’s stallion isn’t what Felinae had expected and it is instinct that push her forward. With turned back ears, although not pinned against her skull yet, she steps forward to place herself protectively between her child and the stranger. ”I only came to visit my daughter” she replies, voice soft and friendly, but surely hesitant because of his firm posture.

Then his expression and whole body language change somewhat, as he allows himself to turn into a gentleman, at least a bit. Felinae straightens herself, but not after brushing her blue lips through Vlinder’s mane. She made sure to tell the little girl that it was alright, that she didn’t have to worry or be afraid. Not that Vlinder seemed bothered by it all, only eager to see her older sister again. ”Mom, when will Besra come? She’ll come, right?” she asked, not at all aware of the tension between the two adults that were strangers and related by blood at the same time.

”My name is Felinae, and this is Vlinder.” Meeting Phaedrus’ politeness she introduces them both, even offering him a small smile. Her lips curl up even more as she casts her gaze down to the winged girl. Both Vlinder and Besra had inherited some of their mother’s blue. Not at much as Felinae herself, but one with blue hair and one with blue wings. But he, Phaedrus, shows some of the same blue too. It wasn’t the first time Felinae had come across colourful horses, but it was the first time she saw the cobalt blue on somebody else than her own family, and it would be a lie to say it didn’t spark any curiosity.

Her oldest daughter’s appearance made her forget about the blue. Seeing the blue haired girl dashing in their direction Felinae cannot help but to smile widely, about to step forward to reach out, but stopping when her daughter seemed to choose to greet Phaedrus first. Taking a step back she cannot help but to watch them, eyes moving from one to the other, and the knowing smirk pulls on the corners of her dark blue lips right away. Out of all things, this wasn’t something she had expected to come across already. After all, in her mind Besra was still the same little girl as during the time in the Mourning Mountains.

She responds to her daughter’s embrace, eagerly reaching out to touch the blue roan girl. Her muzzle runs across her neck, nibbling on her mane slightly, before pulling back and allowing Besra and Vlinder to re-unite. ”Big sis!” Vlinder happily exclaims and enthusiastically pushes her nose against Besra’s. Her wings flutter as she shivers, already bouncing up and down happily, her tiredness long forgotten. Then she falls still, only looking up at her full grown sister with a slight pout upon her lips. ”I missed you..” she mumbles. Only seconds later she pushes herself against her blue roan sister, utterly happy that her sister was around again.

”You make it sound like it would be too much trouble for me to come and visit you, darling.” As she speaks Felinae cannot help but to grin slightly. She never really moved away from Besra too far, wanting to hold her daughter close. It might be her last chance to do so, because maybe, next time, she would’ve been too grown up for that. Yet, it didn’t come easy to her to let her first baby go. ”Don’t be sorry, dear. I would’ve tried to stop you, but it might be better this way. As long as you’re happy.” She knew she couldn’t keep her children with her forever. They would grow up and eventually start their own lives. And most of the time that meant the mother wouldn’t be included in the day to day life.

Felinae is so happy to see her daughter again and any thought of Phaedrus is pushed to the back of her mind. She would almost forget that he was there too, but she couldn’t mind it to put her own child first. ”How have you been, Besra? You look good.” It’s genuine interest, but also the motherly heart that always worries for her children. The heart needed some reassurance from time to time too.

felinae

OOC: Oops.. I guess I had quite a bit of Felinae muse here XD.
    Blue is Vlinder
    White is Felinae, in case it was confusing Tongue
    [Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Butterflies are self propelled flowers - Besra, any - by Felinae - 05-25-2016, 03:10 PM