• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

birthing

Blood. Its taste is the first thing this body knows, rich and metallic and salty. A clawed hand presses a bit of meat into my mouth, and I savor the taste, rolling it along my tongue, chewing slowly before I swallow it down and lick the hand clean. Blood of the father. I can feel it soaking into the still-forming tissue of my body, imprinting itself into my cells and shaping Who I Am with its likeness. Like, but not like. Incomplete. Hunger tears at my belly, a frenzied need to finish becoming, and I would writhe and scream with frustration if I could take control of this body so completely, if it were finished and my soul anchored into it.

Ah, and then. More blood, this time tasting a little more of copper than iron, a slightly sweeter undertone, with a little bit of a burn as it travels down my throat and hits my belly. Another bite of meat, chewed slowly again with toothless baby gums before I clean the clawed hand of any lingering traces of blood. It sears through me, the combination shaping my bones, my flesh, essences mingling and twining around one another and molding this body into their image. Into my image.

So many touches, so many bodies welcoming me into my own with loving little caresses, touching lips to face and forelock, fussing with my mane, tracing the curve of my hip, all grounding me in the physical, all helping to solidify the bond between body and soul and making this mine. It is, too, mine and real and whole, and to prove it to myself, I open silver grey eyes, blinking slowly and coaxing my eyelids to cooperate. It is harder than I expected, taking more effort to work the muscles, to make my body move. While I adjust, I curl up against my father's chest, resting my head against him and using the contact to ease the transition.

My sisters seem to adjust faster, all bounding activity and words in a whirlwind, and I smile. By the time Fury says my name, I am feeling more settled, and the sound of them stalking closer has that smile of mine turning just a little predatory on the side of my face hidden against my father's chest. Closer, closer, until Halo makes an impatient, excited little squeak and I know she's about to pounce.

Without warning, I launch myself at the sound, opening my eyes and grinning as I knock into her and we both tumble to the ground. Halo squawks in surprise, and I land a playful bite on her shoulder and scramble to my feet, charging at Fury while Halo is still shaking herself and snorting and trying to stand again. I'm sure she won't be caught off guard like Halo was, but a nice game of chase would be fun.
    the moonlight glow on sallow flesh, there's beauty in our dance of death

Messages In This Thread
    birthing - by Pazuzu - 07-03-2016, 03:58 PM
    RE: birthing - by Quark - 07-03-2016, 08:31 PM
    RE: birthing - by Daeryssa - 07-04-2016, 07:29 AM
    RE: birthing - by Arzhur - 07-11-2016, 11:33 AM
    RE: birthing - by Drow - 07-11-2016, 12:35 PM
    RE: birthing - by Furia - 07-11-2016, 01:14 PM
    RE: birthing - by Lunasol - 07-13-2016, 11:55 AM
    RE: birthing - by Halora - 07-16-2016, 11:13 PM
    RE: birthing - by Furia - 07-19-2016, 04:45 PM
    RE: birthing - by Pazuzu - 07-19-2016, 04:59 PM