• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

silver rings and gypsy bells; nevi

I know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying.
    Ah, my Mari girl. She wraps herself around me, plays with my hair, and I grin as she rubs her cheek against my neck and lips at me. “Hello, love,” I reply, returning her affectionate gestures with a few of my own. I play with her forelock, so long and silky now where it used to be fine, fluffy baby hair. I press a kiss to her cheek, brush the soft of my nose down the curve of her neck. “It's so good to see you, rainbow-girl. I've missed you too.”

I love the unrestrained joy lighting her pretty blue eyes, the way she lights up when she pulls away to look me over. She's outgrown me, a little taller than me. Gently curved where I am slim and lean. All grown up and lovely, when did that happen? Well, not the lovely part, that was always the case. But when I think of Mari I still see that bouncy, delighted little girl I first met, her whole body practically vibrating with excitement as she met her brand new brother like Mom brought me home as a special surprise just for her.

For the first time I see a hint of worry clouding those soft blue eyes, just a shadow of a frown on her lips. “Of course we have each other, love,” I reassure her, pressing my lips to her forehead. “That's not going to change, either, no matter where life takes us. You'll always be my rainbow-girl, yeah?” I smile and wrap her up in another hug, and my heart hurts just a little that she's been feeling lonely. “Always.”

I know that quiet yearning, just as well as I know the determined smile that hides it. “Oh, sweetheart,” I murmur, stroking my muzzle along her silky white hair. “It's okay, I'm here. Talk to me, huh, angel?” I know what it's like to feel alone, even surrounded by people who love you. I've never seen even a flash of that sad vulnerability in her before, and it melts my heart now.
    If you love me, don't let go.

Messages In This Thread
    silver rings and gypsy bells; nevi - by Maribel - 06-18-2016, 08:40 AM
    RE: silver rings and gypsy bells; nevi - by Neverwas - 07-15-2016, 03:49 PM