• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You had the world right at your feet. ~ any

Cai
    Cal X Carys

Your kingdom has turned to a bone yard, 
    The look on your face as you leave. 
    You cut me so deep that it left scars, 
    You had the world right at your feet.

The golden watches her in silence, easing around her already. A soft, sad smile twitches at the corner of his mouth as pitty fills him for her. She was so determined and yet could not succeed. This he could relate to, perhaps this was what caused him to ease around her so much. He wanted to reach out to her and offer her some support and comfort, but something held him back and instead he stood there in silence, mouth shut tightly as he watched the mare attempt to dance with the wind. 

He could only dream what it was like to fly high above the clouds, to escape the reach of those who wished him harm. A glorious feeling that must've been, yet this one seemed incapable of achieving such heights and he could see the disappointment in her eyes as she landed once more. He cocked his head to the right, watching her with his one good eye and thought back to the massive black beast, Offspring. Thinking to himself what would he do in a situation such as this. Nothing came to mind immediately, but he felt deep down that he should at least let the female aware of his presence. 
    He gave a grunt, clearing his throat as he did so, and flicked his tail, ridding his hind of the irritable flies. "Hello" He said, his throat was still sore, and his voice croaked as they a toad had found residency within his mouth. Cai flinched at the sound of his own voice and pulled his head back slightly at the sound of it. So unfamiliar to him, yet another thing time would require for him to get used to.

I. Suck. I had this saved as a draft for a while, thought I posted it, obviously hadn't. @[Vlinder]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. ~ any - by Cai - 07-22-2016, 05:52 PM