• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You had the world right at your feet. ~ any

Cai
    Cal X Carys
    Your kingdom has turned to a bone yard,
    The look on your face as you leave.
    You cut me so deep that it left scars,
    You had the world right at your feet.

She seemed so distraught that he had seen her. His brown eyes watched her but his mind began to run wild already, she seemed so untrusting of him already. Did she know? She couldn't. Right? Maybe she recognized him from a foal. No. Not possible, she looked about his age, a bit younger maybe, but he had never been one to tell ages very well.
    He watched her just as cautiously as she did him, his eyes trained on her, scared of her judgement, scared of what she might know about him. But he forced more words to form, he had to now, for it would become rather awkward if nothing was said after a hello.
    "I'm.. I'm Cai" He manages to mutter, loud enough for her to hear, but not so loud so as to give away his fear toward the young mare. He shifts his weight uncomfortably beneath the females gaze, starting to regret saying hello to her now. He didn't even know where he wanted to go from this point, he simply didn't want to startle her if she turned to see him watching her. He thought saying hello might ease that fear but obviously he stood wrong. His ears pivoted around, falling back in unease. Think Cai! Think! He screamed at himself, trying to at least make himself look a little less of a fool. Use your words damn you! He shouted again at himself. But none came. Instead all he could offer was a small friendly smile, one that held hurt and fear, but a smile nonetheless. 
    "I'm sorry to have startled you, I was hoping to avoid that by saying hello. I'm sorry. It was not my intention." Finally words came to play in his mind and before he knew it he had blurted them out all in one go. He took a deep breathe and heaven out a sigh slightly happy he had managed some words, and then he remembered she was there, judging him with those soft hazel eyes of hers, probably something he could have spent days watching and melting away in. Stop! He caught himself quickly and rebuilt the barriers around him, watching her with untrusting brown eyes. 

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You had the world right at your feet. ~ any - by Cai - 07-24-2016, 08:39 AM