• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've been waiting for you;

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
    She had lingered on the very edge of the Tundra for days, ever since that night...Ever since she had told Nevi she loved him and lasted out so violently against her Dad. She had decided that they would still love her right? She just need to apologize. She just need to tell them that she hadn't meant it. That she had been scared and weak and not at all brave like she pretended to be, like Nevi needed her to be. That she was so grateful that they loved her and had taken her in.....

She sounded so weak. She hated it. She hated feeling like she was begging for scraps of their love. She hated that she had let herself get to this point of being so selfish, so....so empty of love, but full of anger and self-pity.

She hated herself for that.

They had stayed there that night, curled around each other. But dawn had come and Nevi had touched his lips to her forehead before going to find Offspring. She knew he would come back, would want to cuddle her and she just didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve his love not after her hateful speech. She didn't deserve her parent's love either...

And so, to the very northern reaches of the Tundra she had went. Thankfully her coat was full and thick for a winter in the Tundra. The farther north she went, the colder it got. It would be dark soon, and she should probably find some kind of shelter. Her heart lurches at the thought of Nevi returning to find the cave empty. To realize that she had left him.

She almost turns around then, stumbles over a snow pile and then staggers as she slips on some ice, slicing her leg open as she bumps into another chunk of ice. The motion had turned her just right where she could now see the stallion laying next to a tiny bundle on the ice. Her ears flickered, the wound on her leg forgotten as she carefully picked her way closer to them.

She realizes as she gets closer that the filly was not the stallion's, that she was too covered in snow and too alone. The stallion was doing his best to keep her warm, and so Lee comes up on the filly's other side. She doesn't know either of them, but she settles her warm, very furry body next to the filly's. She doesn't say anything for a moment...and then she decides to not say anything at all. She noses away the snow around the filly as he does and breathes her warm air onto the girl.

A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.

Messages In This Thread
    i've been waiting for you; - by Ashr - 07-24-2016, 01:44 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Romek - 07-24-2016, 03:06 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Lieschel - 07-25-2016, 10:04 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Ashr - 07-27-2016, 01:17 AM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Romek - 08-01-2016, 02:52 PM
    RE: i've been waiting for you; - by Lieschel - 08-01-2016, 03:33 PM