• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Erebor // Any
    My stoic little nephew looks up towards me in slight confusion as I begin a conversation while we await entrance. Even such an emotion looks all wrong on his childish face, as though inside him an adult had been reincarnated, but someone forgot to wipe the memory card before putting his soul into the new body. I make a mental note to track down other scarily mature children and investigate this new theory. I mean, this kid hasn't even played real chase. Maybe his first run around in life had been difficult? Or maybe it had been great fun, and now he just really does not want to play chase.

It's the only logical explanation, you know.

"You poor child." I speak the words softly, with a slight curve to my lips and a shake of my head in utter disbelief. Erebor, Erebor. What ever shall we do with you. Just as I am about to arrange my nephew's first 'play date,' a woman approaches the border which we stand upon. She seems youthful, though a quiet, kind authority rings from her voice as she heralds us. Shatter, she calls herself, and of course she is the Queen of the kingdom which we have so often been discussing within our kingdom. Twitching my ear to my ebony nephew, I allow him to begin the conversation, for it is not my wish to belittle the young. Not when they're actually another totally grown up soul. I think.

"And I am Kavi, governor of the Chamber and uncle to the Queen Straia. Let us walk." I step into the airy kingdom, feeling as though the fresh, humid air washes the smudged ash from my skin with each step. I don't appreciate the feeling at all. The ash is who we are, as Chamberlings. Feeling clean just feels so dirty.

"Your majesty, if I may be so bold, the Chamber would not hesitate to enter into an alliance with your kingdom. In fact, it would please us greatly to be aligned with one so potent, one who's role in the game changes everything." I dip my head to her, amber eyes seeking hers, genuinely interested in her response, in her reaction. How  diplomacy plays to my strong suits.

Messages In This Thread
    Erebor // Any - by Kavi - 05-07-2015, 02:58 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Shatter Me - 05-11-2015, 02:57 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Erebor - 05-11-2015, 10:24 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Kavi - 05-22-2015, 11:36 AM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Texas - 05-22-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Shatter Me - 05-29-2015, 10:40 AM
    RE: Erebor // Any - by Erebor - 06-05-2015, 08:18 PM