• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wolves in our own skin; clark

Wolves in our own skin, we're savages. We act so primitive.
    Oh! When I said I would stumble into someone, I didn’t mean quite so literally! Someone bumps into me from behind, and a jolt of adrenaline rushes through me as I whirl around to face the stranger. He seems just as startled though, darting sideways and looking absolutely terrified. That terror quickly fades into shy blushing and staring, and the shock that widened my eyes and dilated my pupils and set me on edge fades just as quickly into a shy smile of my own.

It’s hard to meet his gaze, somehow, and there’s a fluttering in my belly when I manage it, “It’s okay,” I murmur, and my voice is uncharacteristically soft as I steal glances at him through my thick white lashes. He’s cute, all awkward uncertainty and endearing embarrassment. He’s a rich, lovely bay and white, but where his hair would be black it’s silvered out some, kind of like mine. And there’s a quiet, rugged elegance to his build, not the broad, towering mass of my dad...something closer to the sleek lines of my papa, though still unlike. New, and isn’t new always just a little bit intriguing?

I meet his hesitant gaze with shy little glances, an equally uncertain smile on my lips to match the one on his. “No harm done, really. You startled me, that’s all. Got my heart racing a little. But it feels kind of nice, so I don’t mind.” My heart’s still beating a little faster than usual, come to think of it, and there’s a nervous excited glow deep down in my chest.

“I’m Dara. I live in Echo Trails with my dads, and my sisters, and--well, and my family,” I say, grinning at myself and cutting off the list before it runs on for another three ands or so. The amusement chases away a little of my lingering shyness and I meet his gaze a little more solidly instead of those shy little glances. “What about you?”
    Do the rain dance like you're on fire.

Messages In This Thread
    wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 07-26-2016, 02:33 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Clark - 07-27-2016, 05:28 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 07-28-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Clark - 08-03-2016, 09:49 AM
    RE: wolves in our own skin; clark - by Dara - 08-05-2016, 10:07 AM