• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

please don't make me wait; ANY
    Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends
    Xylo felt only slightly strange about stumbling into this new land. He had been wandering alone for so long, it was almost pleasant to hear the voice of another. His face visibly twitched at this Ianto's statement about him bulking up. He'd almost forgotten just how sunken in to the bones his skin was, how hollowed out his previously vibrant eyes appeared. He could not help but wonder how he would ever motivate himself to be the stallion he'd been before. Hell, he wondered if there was anyway he ever could.

The words 'bachelor kingdom' stuck in Xylo's mind for a moment. He could not imagine living with only other men. Not that he wouldn't get along with them, he could get along with most people. He could not imagine that much testosterone all the time though. Surely it occasionally got messy. The introduction of females was interesting though. Xylo had never much liked herd life. The thought of being responsible for the lives and providing a sound home for a string of females terrified him. When he cared for something, he poured his all into it. But he was not equipped to lead a herd. Leading by heart instead of head had gotten him in too much trouble. But a home where he was not solely responsible for the well-being of others? That didn't sound terrible. 

Besides, he knew he needed to get himself back out there. It was tragic and unnecessary the amount of time he had spent alone. And it was growing on him. He didn't realize it yet, but deep inside he was yearning for companionship, to be able to hold a formal or genuine conversation again without every word feeling as if it was a task. He thrived best with purpose, but losing his had been the most earth-shattering thing to ever happen to him. 

"I think I might stay a while....If that's okay?" The words escaping his mouth catching the stallion himself off guard. 

Xylo

Messages In This Thread
    please don't make me wait; ANY - by Ianto - 07-25-2016, 08:52 PM
    RE: please don't make me wait; ANY - by Xylo - 07-27-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: please don't make me wait; ANY - by Ianto - 07-29-2016, 03:40 PM
    RE: please don't make me wait; ANY - by Xylo - 07-30-2016, 11:21 PM