• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

divine places to die in; Ellyse/Xero/any
    Oh, it's in my roots—in my veins.
    It's in my blood and I stain every heart that I use to heal the pain
    The child of sun and moon stood motionless before the waterfall that fed this small slice of paradise which cut unexpectedly into the stark, canyon walls. It vaguely reminded her of her beloved home and the secret waterfall that only her family knew the whereabouts of deep inside the jungle terrain. The one currently before her was, of course, smaller and surrounded by fewer brilliantly colored flowers and sparser vegetation. This was an oasis available to the wide, open air of the looming canyon walls. But yet it revealed itself to those willing to make the journey deep into the heart of the badlands.

The screech of a circling hawk overhead broke into her reminiscing thoughts and she briefly smiled at the sound. Its cry tended to remind her of her elder brother whom she had not seen in many years. In fact, she had not seen any of her family in the past several years. They had simply scattered into the winds, like helpless tumbleweed spinning about aimlessly. She had been left behind with no anchor of familial ties to keep her happy within her jungle home.

The wandering was a result of this empty feeling within her chest.

Following the hawk’s aching cry, the herd stallion of this mysterious land called out relatively close by. Xero had accepted a place in his herd for the time being. He appeared to be rather solemn and perhaps even unfriendly, but she wasn’t particularly fazed by these personality traits. In fact, some of her own brothers could be quite standoffish at times. But her family was comprised of fire and ice, of light and dark, of sol and luna - clashing elements desperately trying to find a happy balance.

She watches as the horned stallion rounds the corner of the canyon and she offers him a slight smile in invitation. Xero wasn’t feeling particularly sociable, but it didn’t do much good to refuse a visitor when they were already at the door. The silver black paint shifted her weight and waited for his approach before offering him her greetings.

Hello.
    Xero
    Nocturnal x Quark

Messages In This Thread
    RE: divine places to die in; Ellyse/Xero/any - by Xero - 08-02-2016, 01:48 AM